Meridian Revogene® GBS DS
A precise diagnostic test for qualitative detection of Group B Streptococcus (GBS) from vaginal or rectal swabs obtained from pregnant women. The real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is detecting a cfb gene sequence that is specific to the Streptococcus agalactiae genome.
The Meridian Revogene GBS assay enables healthcare professionals to detect the presence of Group B Streptococcus (GBS) within 70 minutes. The assay provides physicians with accurate and reliable results, allowing for appropriate treatment decisions of the mother at the time of delivery, ensuring the best outcome for the baby.
Read more about the test on Meridian’s website.
Meridian Revogene GBS DS advantages
Small and compact
- Testing can be taken closer to the patient
- No external laptop needed to operate
- Weighs only 10 kg
Improved laboratory workflow
- Sample to results in 3 easy steps
- Less than 2 minutes hands on time
- Positive samples available within one hour
Well documented method with excellent performance
- Based on well-established and widely used molecular method (real-time PCR)
- Performance correlates with the reference methods
Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), fluorescence detection
Sample lysis, dilution, amplification, detection and results interpretation in the Revogene instrument, inside the cartridge (pie)
|Hands on time||< 2 minutes|
|Results||< 70 minutes, Early Positive Result Outcome (E-PRO) 42 minutes|
|Other material needed||Vortex mixer|